What's right for you.
Work with your healthcare team to find a meal plan that is right for you. This can help you identify safe limits for nutrients such as calories, carbohydrates, fat, cholesterol and sodium.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when ordering food.
- Don’t be afraid to ask how a dish is prepared
- Ask for your meat to be roasted, baked or grilled, without the addition of extra fat
- Ask for gravy, sauce or salad dressing “on the side” so you can use a limited amount
- Enquire about low-calorie options - most restaurants now show calorie information on the menu
- Move! After a meal, burn off some of those extra calories by taking a walk or doing the gardening.